Return to practice with Royal Cornwall Hospitals and Cornwall Foundation Trust.
Start your conversation about Return to Practice.
Are you one of the following professions:
- Occupational Therapist
- Operating Department Practitioners
- Speech and Language Therapists
If you are a qualified AHP who has been out of practice for longer than 2 years. We would love to welcome you back.
This is a fantastic opportunity to start your Return to Practice journey. We offer a supportive and welcoming environment with a personalised, structured supervised practice programme.
Get in touch our team is ready to help and advise you. Please use the Return to Practice Expression of Interest Form. Or scan the QR code below to open the form.
What is it like doing your return to practice in Cornwall?
We are producing Experience videos to provide personal feedback. These will be published in due course.
What do I need to do?
We will support you with the Health & Care Professional Council (HCPC) re-registration process.
You will be required to complete a minimum number of hours to update your clinical skills and knowledge. We will work with you to arrange appropriate practice placements based on your individual circumstance.
|Period out of Practice||Number of days of updating required|
|0-2 years||no requirements, you can apply for relevant jobs straight away|
|2-5 years||30 days (210 hours )|
|5 years or over||60 days (420 hours)|
Updating can be a mix of private study, formal study and supervised practice. However, private study must not make up more than 50% of the return period.
For further details please see the HCPC Returning to practice page.
What we offer in Cornwall
- Personalised supervised placement practice with named clinical supervisor
- Formal continuing professional development (CPD)
- A structured skills/competency based booklet
- Support with subsequent application for HCPC re-registration
- Support throughout the programme and with preparation for the recruitment process
- Friendly and supportive colleagues
- The potential to apply for registered AHP roles within Trust, upon achievement of your HCPC registration.
- Flexible hours according to service needs and re-registration requirements.
We offer two routes to complete your return to practice. Contact us to discuss which is most suitable.
Voluntary Pathway (Honorary Contracts)
Honorary contracts are non-paid contracts which offer more flexibility to balance your home and work commitments.
Paid route Pathway
Paid routes will be offered based on the recruitment needs of the Trust. This route will offer returnees a paid role which includes a fixed-term contract for the duration of your required supervised placement hours alongside a supportive programme of learning. On completion of these hours and once you have successfully registered with the HCPC, you will be eligible to apply for roles within your profession.
Find out what is it like working with us
Explore our job adverts to find out about our return to practice opportunities within the Trust.
Starting your return to practice journey
The Cornwall Return to Practice Booklet will be published here.
What do I do next?
Get in contact with us via our enquiry form: Return to Practice Expression of Interest Form. Or scan the QR code below to open the form.
We are interested in hearing from both full time and part time applicants and are happy to discuss individual requirements.
- Register your Return to Practice with NHS England. Email: R2PAHP-HCS@hee.nhs.uk.
Further information about return to practice
- NHS England Return to Practice: Allied Health Professionals (AHP)
- Health & Care Professional Council Return to Practice
AHP Professional Bodies
Page last reviewed: 24 July 2023