About the Knowledge Spa
The Knowledge Spa provides modern, innovative and high quality facilities. Its teaching, learning and business activities include:
- Truro Campus of the University of Exeter Medical School
- Exeter University European Centre for Environment & Human Health
- University of Plymouth Truro School of Nursing – The Knowledge Spa – University of Plymouth
- Plymouth University Peninsula School of Dentistry
- Truro – Peninsula Dental Social Enterprise
- Learning & Development Department at Royal Cornwall Hospitals
- Research, Innovation & Development Department at Royal Cornwall Hospitals
- Cornwall Health Library
Knowledge Spa – Starbucks
The Knowledge Spa has a cafe serving a selection of Starbucks snacks, sandwiches, and hot and cold drinks. Open Monday to Friday from 8am to 3pm.
Book a Meeting/Training Room for Staff
All employees at Royal Cornwall Hospitals are able to check availability and request to book meeting and training rooms in the Knowledge Spa and across the rest of the Royal Cornwall Hospital site. Staff booking is managed via Bookwise, which is accessible through the link directly below:
Royal Cornwall Hospital Meeting Rooms
- Available to be booked up to 4 weeks in advance unless agreed directly with the department
- Details of meeting rooms available and summary sheet providing opening hours and capacity is available to view on Bookwise.
- Rooms are for use of RCHT employees only and should not be booked on behalf of other organisations
Knowledge Spa Seminar Rooms
- Non-educational activity can be booked up to 4 weeks in advance and require a minimum of 6 delegates
- Educational activity can be booked up to 3 months in advance
- Employees are not permitted to book rooms on behalf of external organisations
- If sponsorship is being received or delegates are being charged to attend, charges will apply. This must be declared at the time of booking
- All rooms are available in ‘lecture theatre’ style. If a change in room layout is required, charges will apply.
Booking Meeting and Training Rooms Policy
Accommodation and Site Utilisation Policy
Hire space at the Knowledge Spa
The Knowledge Spa is a highly attractive venue for hosting meetings and events and can accommodate meetings ranging from 6 to 150 people.
We are situated on the Royal Cornwall Hospital site, close to the A30, and on the Truro park and ride route to/from Truro city centre, with a bus stop right outside our front door!
The Knowledge Spa Management Team can support your event from start to finish, please submit an enquiry via the link below:
Room Hire Rates
All our seminar and meetings rooms include use of access to connect a laptop to IT display equipment, Wi-Fi, and flip chart paper and pens.
|Room Name and Capacity||Half Day
8am-1pm or 12pm -5pm
|Full Day 8am-5pm||Evening 5pm-8pm||Hourly Rate
(not applicable in the evening)
|Richard Farrow Lecture Theatre
|Main Seminar Room – G09
|Seminar Rooms – F07, F08 and F09
45 Theatre Style
22 Board Style
|Seminar Room – G01
50 Theatre Style
24 Board Style
|Seminar Rooms – F06, G02, G04, G05, G06, S18
20 Theatre Style
12 Board Style
|Seminar Rooms – S074, S075
30 Theatre Style
|Seminar Rooms G072, G073
25 Theatre Style
|Seminar Room – F31
10 Theatre Style
|Not Applicable||Not Applicable||Not Applicable||£25|
|Atrium||Not Applicable||Not Applicable||£300||Not Applicable|
Terms and Conditions
- All prices are exclusive of VAT where applicable and are current until March 2025.
- The Knowledge Spa is available for room bookings between the hours of 8.00am until 5pm, Monday-Friday. Outside of these hours and at weekends an additional service charge will apply. There is limited availability during University term times.
- Cancellation Charges are as follows and apply to both catering and room hire:
- Cancellation with more than 14 working day’s notice, no charge will be requested
- Cancellation with less than 14 working day’s notice but more than 7 working days notice, a cancellation charge of 25% of the total room and catering cost will be applied
- Cancellation with less than 7 working day’s notice but more than 2 working days notice, a cancellation charge of 50% of the total room and catering will be applied
- The full room and catering cost will apply for cancellations made within two workings days of a booking.
- All catering must be purchased from our in-house catering team. Clients are not permitted to bring in their own catering and no external caterers are permitted in the Knowledge Spa.
- All catering is served in the seminar rooms except for the Lecture Theatre, G072 and G073.
- If catering is required for an event being held in either of the Lecture Theatres, G072 and G073, a separate room will need to be booked for this and an additional charge may apply.
- Catering is available between the hours of 8.30am-4.00pm. Catering may be available outside of these hours by arrangement however an additional service charge will be incurred.
- The minimum number of people for a catering order outside of normal working hours is 16.
- Catering should be ordered at the time of booking and final numbers will be required 5 working days before the event.
- Menus are subject to availability and suitable alternatives may on occasion have to be substituted.
- Alcohol can only be consumed on the premises after 5pm. A Temporary Event License may need to be applied for, requiring at least 4 weeks notice.
- The Knowledge Spa or RCHT accept no responsibility for loss or damage to property brought onto its premises. We shall not be liable for any consequential loss or any other loss or any damage or injury which may arise out of, or in connection with the use of the Knowledge Spa premises.
- Organisers accept full responsibility for all damage to our premises, furniture, or other equipment.
- Organisers are asked to indemnify themselves again all losses or liabilities that may arise out of their event.
- No animals are allowed within the Knowledge Spa or Postgraduate centre, accept for guide dogs.
- Organisers are responsible for providing risk assessments for relevant activities. No electrical equipment is allowed in the building unless tested and passed by a qualified electrician.
- Organisers will be required to bring their own laptop to connect to IT equipment. There is no access to the desktop PC’s in the seminar rooms and minimal IT support available.
- We reserve the right to alter or cancel any bookings that we cannot keep as booked for reasons beyond our control.
- By completing the booking form organisers agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
- For invoicing purposes clients are required to provide a purchase order number, full organisation name and postal address, contact name, telephone number and e-mail address. Invoices are to be paid with 14 days of receipt.
Page last reviewed: 28 September 2023