About the payroll department
The Payroll Department pays approximately 12,500 staff across the Cornwall Health Community.
The Payroll, Pension and Expenses teams continually strive to provide the highest quality service, ensuring that customer care is foremost in our service provision. Our friendly teams offer a wide expertise in all aspects of NHS Payroll and Pension related terms and conditions and are readily available to assist staff with their queries. We can be contacted by telephone or email, and personal visits can be arranged by appointment.
The Department provides a wide range of services including:
- Creating new appointments
- Terminating assignments
- Applying contractual changes (i.e. changes of role, grade, hours etc.)
- Applying changes to statutory information (i.e. tax codes, pension arrangements)
- Processing time and attendance payments
- Processing sickness and absence payments
- Processing deductions from earnings (i.e. student loans, union subscriptions, Salary Sacrifice Schemes, etc.)
We can be contacted by either telephone or email and personal visits can be arranged by mutual appointment if more convenient to do so.
Cornwall NHS Payroll Services
Royal Cornwall Hospital
Office opening hours: Monday to Friday – 09:00 and 17:00.
Please see the staff Intranet payroll page for further information.
Page last reviewed: 6 April 2023